AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What nh3 control system for low rates??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 12/7/2013 15:11 (#3499040 - in reply to #3488845)
Subject: RE: What nh3 control system for low rates??

West-Central IL
If you want section control with hiniker VOD manifold, you could use a small individual solenoid valve on every row coming out of the VOD manifold. Depending on how many sections your controller will control you could have section control for every knife, or set them in groups of 2, 4, or what ever you desire.

I first found out about NH3 solenoids on ag talk. It was posted by "maddog" in the machinery section and the thread title was "anhydrous applicators" and the first post was dated 1-25-2013. If you search for it Im sure you can find it (sorry, cant seem to attach the direct link). He had some pictures of it. It was set-up by aNH3. He was not using VOD manifold.

I talked to aNH3 about using these solenoid valves and VOD manifold. The benefits I see is that:
1) there would be no servo valve, only the one that controls the VOD. I am also applying low rates and my servo may only be open 1/4 of the way. Once the liquid NH3 is squeezed down to go through the servo it can turn to gas on the other side do to the pressure drop and the manifolds are seeing lots of gas.
2) there is only 1 manifold. I am wanting to put the aNH3 system on a skid and move it between strip till bar in fall and sidedress bar in summer - the more compact it is the less parts I have to take apart to move it.
3) I will never have to worry about changing orifices when changing rates or speed. The VOD (variable orifice) will change on the go to what ever orifice size is needed.
4) I can have section control on every row not just half of bar or third of bar.

Edit: I was able to find and post some pics. He talks about system some if you can find the original post.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your project.

Edited by mohr-power 12/7/2013 15:15

(section valves[1].jpg)

(Hbar2[1].jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments section valves[1].jpg (84KB - 88 downloads)
Attachments Hbar2[1].jpg (89KB - 92 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)