AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM 750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 12/7/2013 14:47 (#3498997 - in reply to #3498082)
Subject: Re: FM 750

Paxton, IL
it depends on what you're doing with field IQ. The problem with using the "event" category is that if you change "event's" in the middle of the field (switch hybrids), you won't be able to work with any of the coverage logging from the previous event. That gets to be a problem if you're using Field IQ to control section/row shutoff's on a planter. If you open up the field and label the event as hybrid A, plant the ends and part of the field, then switch events to hybrid B, you won't have the coverage logging from hybrid A up on the screen anymore so your shutoffs won't work on the ends. Both hybrids will still be logged and can easily be accessed once it's downloaded to an appropriate mapping program, but it really screws things up in the field.

the "event" is really designed to be used more for "planting", "spraying", "tillage", etc. Something where you're coming back to the same field, but doing a completely different operation.

I fought this using an Fm-750 on my planter this year. It would be nice if Trimble came out with a way to do this properly, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I bought an FM1000 for other uses on the farm, but it will work out that I can use it to run my planter next year as well. That way I'll be able to log hybrids without any trouble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)