AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere or Ag Leader - new to GPS and picking a system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

690KSU
Posted 12/6/2013 14:11 (#3496302 - in reply to #3495503)
Subject: Re: Deere or Ag Leader - new to GPS and picking a system

No this would be SF1. Deere advertises SF1 at 9 inch pass to pass accuracy. I've seen it perform well past that though, I'd say 75% of the time you'll see 4-6'' accuracy and possibly better at times. In one of your comments you mention a concern about losing signal. I recommend going the SF3000 route for this exact reason. Granted you are in NC IA and tree lines probably won't be a big deal, if you went the iTC route you'd be a lot more susceptible to losing your signal briefly going under obstructions. I've ran everything from the GenII, iTC, and 3000. GenII was god awful, iTC was an improvement but still didn't take much to knock it off line if under overhanging trees very long. The advantage of the SF3000 is that it also utilizes correction signals from the GLONASS satellites as well, typically giving you up to 21 sat.'s in your correction. I can personally say out of the hundreds of hours I've ran while using guidance with a SF3000 I have only ever seen it lose signal twice, and this was running in creek patches, river bottoms, side hills in NE KS where trees are a nuisance! Hope this clarification helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)