AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good used Deere planter monitor suggestions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 12/6/2013 11:39 (#3495986 - in reply to #3495708)
Subject: RE: Good used Deere planter monitor suggestions.

Iowa
Not quite, I don't think. They have guys w air wanting to go to hydraulic and have air units coming in on trade. They stopped last summer and said a used system w "pins" to sense downpressure but not the air stuff would be $3500 complete, the new system wouldn't sense dust, would show accurate pop'n and singulation, etc. and I said "lets do it"

So now: "well, the guys kept their old cables, and pins so you'll have to buy them new, not used. We were pricing those items as used. We forgot your Deere sensors will need changed and they're expensive, etc, etc, So I am not going to do it. I have precision meters and drive slow and have spacing and stands that rival any brand-new planter, but about all my old monitor tells me is that seed is flowing. All I'd like is something a bit better. Not really a need, just a want-as an insurance policy, so to speak.

So now I am just wanting a Deere monitor-I think they are called a 200-or 250-something like that. I figured there might be lots of them around with everyone going to 20/2o stuff. So I'm asking advice on what Deere monitor to get, and where to look for one.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)