AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headland pattern with FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 12/5/2013 20:17 (#3494351 - in reply to #3493552)
Subject: Re: headland pattern with FMX

It seems from your questions that you might be confused about recording Headlands. I always pre record my Headlands before I head to the field with any tractor for either planting or tillage. They are stored in the monitor, then all I need to do is load them. As I plant or do tillage, there is no need to pause guidance. In that situation it is a throwback from the old lightbars where you needed a reference point where you left off. Logging coverage takes care of that now.

Answer your questions:

Yes both lines need to be shifted to be the 15" you want each year. Remember which way you shift the Headland in relation to the AB You might have the first row of the infill AB aligning up on top of the innermost row of the Headland. That is easiest to see as you plant, just shift over 30" to make it where it needs to be.

I usually do make the infill AB along the long side as I make my Headland. BUT the Infill AB can be ANYWHERE in the field you want. I have a small field that the long side is parallel to a road running North South, but I plant east west. That Infill AB is a East West line I made literally in the middle of the field. YOu pause the recording of the Headland to make the Infill AB in that situation.

As far as your 270 degree field question, read my instructions on making Headlands. It should be more clear how to do a proper 'square' corner.

If you have coverage logging, as in planted rows, if the monitor is set on Automatic section control, it will not plant where it believes it has already planted. Even if you manually planted the corners square. Wherever it is colored in the monitor it will not plant over that unless it's on manual. Backing into corners can be a nuisance since the monitor doesn't always know exactly where the planter is if it is a pull type. I have found that backing from further out from the corner makes this problem not as bad. That and I avoid small tight turns.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)