AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headland pattern with FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gostate
Posted 12/5/2013 14:40 (#3493552 - in reply to #3490293)
Subject: RE: headland pattern with FMX

western iowa
OK guys, I have read this stuff about ten times and feel I am slowly gaining here. Fingers77 I haven't had time to read your attachments yet but I will tonight hopefully. SO.......here's what I think I've learned.

I need to set my headlands for three passes. (16 row planter and strip-till bar)

Use inner boundary so the fertilizer shutoff control will work when stripping the heart of the field before doing the ends.

When recording the first headland pass, when I come to a corner I need to hit pause, make my turn, back into the corner, take off in the new direction and then hit resume to continue the recording. (How long after I start moving out of the corner do I need to wait to resume recording?)

Now for questions:

Do the Headland and the Infill AB BOTH need to be shifted when I want to move rows to the inside 15"
Do you guys use the pause to make a straight first pass along the fence on the long side, or do you record the whole way and let your second pass be straight?
Do you create the infill AB on the first headland pass along the long straight side of the field?
Do you leave the recording on when doing the first pass of the front and back ends, or do you pause at the first corner and resume at the second corner to make a straight first pass?
On an L shaped field with a 270 degree corner do you hit pause right before the corner, plant past the fence 40 feet, pick up the planter and make a big turn to get pointed in the new direction, put the planter down and resume planting in the 270 degree direction then hit the resume to continue the headland? This will create a curve line around the corner I think. If I manually plant a square end there on all three headlands, will the auto shutoffs plant until they hit the applied area or continue through the applied area and stop only when hitting the created headland boundary?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)