AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8335RT Agleader or JD auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/5/2013 07:37 (#3492569 - in reply to #3491330)
Subject: Re: 8335RT Agleader or JD auto steer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
atwfarm16 - 12/4/2013 18:21

Could use ag leader geosteer steering through the intergra. Its iso steering through your tractor. Would need an ag leader geosteer unlock, and a deere unlock through your deere dealer. This though would allow you to do planter controls and steering in one display you already have as well as doing yield monitoring in combine if you would want that later.

I got an 8310R (not T) this summer. I was faced with somewhat your situation. I had other Ag Leader products (Insights) in other tractors. With the 8310R I could use Deere steering through the Deere screen and have the Integra on the side for the planter functions. The other choice was to use the Integra for steering and the planter functions.

I went the second route with the Integra/Geosteer package. I have not used this tractor on the planter yet although the components have been mounted on the planter and seem to behave as expected without actually planting. The tractor has been used for tillage operations so far and the steering seems to work fine.

I did need the two unlocks that have been mentioned. One was a Geosteer unlock and the other a Deere unlock. This setup connects via CAN to the Deere components already in the tractor.

One of the reasons I went this route was that a neighbor has a tractor setup with an Ag Leader display/Geosteer and another that uses the complete Deere solution. He said that although the Deere system does work, he preferred the Ag Leader approach. He felt that since I had experience with the Ag Leader approach in the past I would be disappointed with the Deere approach.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)