AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replace KM3000 w/ Precision or Pro 700?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 12/4/2013 21:09 (#3491820)
Subject: Replace KM3000 w/ Precision or Pro 700?

Boone Co. Iowa
Hi,

We had a fire and lost 16 corn meters, along with the KM3000 population montior and Control Console for our Kinze 2600, 16 row with 15 interplants in front. The planter was stored elsewhere and survived.

I am thinking about replacing the 16 corn meters w/ Precision Planting Finger meters, and I am assuming that I have to replace the original Control Console to run the hydraulics that raise and pivot the platform, lock/release wings and operate markers. The AgLeader Insight was in a different building and survived the fire - we use it for guidance and running the tru-count air clutches, as well as mapping varieties. I had all three control boxes/monitors in our planter tractor (Magnum 305).

I know that I need to replace the KM3000 that I was using to track population (and I'm sure insurance will give us the $$$ to replace a KM3000), but I am not sure what to replace it with.

1) Will AgLeader Insight track population? Do I need an unlock to do this?
2) If I go Precision meters, should I just get a PP monitor? If I do this, what runs the air clutches and does the mapping and guidance?
3) IF I go out and get new combine (7120 w/ about 500 hrs. burned up in fire) with a Pro 700 monitor, should I use that?

Everyone seems to say that Precision meters are the way to go and I've got a guy pricing them for me. Just wondering if I get more bang for the buck going with the PP monitor, or using the Pro 700 that might be in a combine that I eventually purchase.

One of my pet peeves of our 7120 combine w/ Pro 600 was that prior to getting it 3 seasons ago, we used the AgLeader Insight in our 2388 combine and could track varieties very easily in our planter when we split it in halves - when I used the Pro 600 and downloaded the info into the Pro 600, it made lots of wavy lines and kind of tracked back and forth in the varieties. Not sure if this makes sense, but I want to be able to plant Left Half of planter to one variety, Right half to variety #2, and have combine track it accurately - felt like I wasn't doing it the past 3 seasons.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)