AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headland pattern with FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 12/4/2013 20:40 (#3491689 - in reply to #3490293)
Subject: Re: headland pattern with FMX

I'll reply to your questions, then I will post my instructions for making Headlands. I have already typed it up for the guys that asked about it this spring. It is quite long and detailed.

Yes if you have a proper Headland you will be able to place the infill fertilizer then the outer Headlands later. If the FM is controlling your section control or rate as section control. You just need to set the infill to use the inner boundary. And be sure to set the proper number of Headland passes you want.

It is always best to have the Headlands laid out and stored before you try to do any field operations. I usually have too much to do trying to make a Headland than to try to do it with any other field operation. It can be done, but it is a REAL pain.

You can stop and back into corners while making a Headland, you need to pause the recording as Arcticcatfarmer stated. When done, the Headlands will match up pretty good, provided you have the implements set up properly, and the corners are not too sharp, depending on the implement size. It will leave some gaps if the inside corner is too small a radius, or if it is a radius leaning to the outside of the field, it will overlap a little. For me with a 60' planter, a radius less than a hundred feet or so is getting tight.

You can shift a Headland either in or out 15". The problem is if you have section control and you shift out, you need to make sure your first pass is on manual or your overlap slider is set high. The Headland guidance line will move, but the field boundary stays in the same place. I usually plant my first pass on manual anyway jsut to keep the outer rows from shutting off. Leftovers from the picky FMD.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)