AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headland pattern with FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gostate
Posted 12/4/2013 10:33 (#3490293)
Subject: headland pattern with FMX

western iowa
Tried this a few times when we first got our FMX but it never worked so I gave up. I read the online manual and got nothing from it. The only reason I think it would be nice to understand would be for strip-tilling in the future. It would be nice to strip the whole field using auto shutoff on the fertilizer, then strip the ends last. I think I would always plant my ends first so not as big a deal there. Ideally I would set it for three headlands. When I tried it a few years ago I was applying NH3 and trying the headland AB for fun. When I was going around the outside of the field there was a corner where I raise the machine up and do an inside turn, lower the machine and continue along the fence in a new direction. ( Think of an L shaped field, I did this in the armpit of the L shape). The FMX really didn't like that and wouldn't let me continue the border. Apparently the field has to be square with all corners being ones that you can leave the implement down, round the corner, and continue on. Tried it again with a planter the next year and it won't let you stop and back into corners when trying to make the border. Like I said I gave up after that. Never went back. Now just do simple A-B lines after completing ends and try to guess how far over to cheat the first line to make sure I don't leave gaps on the first pass. A proper headland setup would eliminate all the guessing, I think. ANY help would be appreciated.

While I'm asking for the moon here. IF a guy did get the headland function to work, how does the shifting work for the next year when you want to shift the AB line 15" for the next strips? I shift my AB lines all the time, but didn't know if the headland AB would work the same way. Thanks guys
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)