AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What nh3 control system for low rates??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 12/3/2013 22:12 (#3489398 - in reply to #3489315)
Subject: Re: What nh3 control system for low rates??

NW IL
Last year (first year running aNH3), we tried unsuccessfully to get the equaply digital gauges to work. I ran ag leader cables, custom cables, reversed positive/signal cables, swapped ground wires.....all attempts failed. Spent several hours on phone with tech support. Tried many different "volt/PSI" combinations for sensor calibrations. While they do their best, unfortunately when it is not their sensor there is only so much AL support can do. We ran fall 2012 and spring 2013 without functioning digital gauges being displayed on the Integra. We had to run "old school" and look back at the old glass gauges way back on the bar. Thank god for autosteer....

This fall we said the heck with it and bought two NH3 sensors from AL. I bought two of PN 4002962 which are the pressure sensors themselves and one PN 4003610-6 which is an input cable to connect to the liquid module harness. The sensor was about $170 each. The cable cost I can't remember. The original AL harness had input for one sensor, but not two hence why I had to buy an extra cable.

There is also one other cable change required to allow the pressure sensors to connect to the liquid control module. I can't find the part number on it at the moment. It involved removing plastic plugs and inserting pins on the deutsch end that connects into the liquid control module. I just remember that it was an extra part I had to order last fall and had to manually insert the pins to make it work.

We love having the two digital readouts on the Integra. There is one pressure gauge immediately downstream of the NH3 pump and then there is a second located after the flow meter and flow control valve. By having them on the screen it allows you to quickly gauge the status of how the aNH3 system is operating - are you driving to fast? is it to cold? is my hydraulic flow rate to the pump to high/low? is tank pressure getting too low??....etc. While you can run without them, it is one extra tool to allow you to ensure that you are getting consistent product applied.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)