AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GMOs: Séralini 2-year study retracted, and gluten allergy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 12/1/2013 07:59 (#3482593 - in reply to #3481122)
Subject: Re: GMOs: Séralini 2-year study retracted, and gluten allergy

EC Nebraska
Chimel - 11/30/2013 13:06

mounder - 11/30/2013 10:39
"Still, the full report has some interesting information, like the fact that 80% of American pregnant women have Bt in their blood, and 60% of fetuses. The relationship between GM dairy and meat and our gut flora also seems to be something that should be investigated further, to prove or disprove."
You better reread what you posted because your memory must be failing you. You need more gmo's in your diet.

If you're talking about the Bt in blood, I didn't say it clearly in that sentence, but I said in the next one that it should ALSO be investigated, meaning that both Bt in blood and the gut flora claims should be investigated. Nowhere do I consider these "facts" in the report as actual facts myself. Sorry if my language was not more explicit, I thought it was clear from my other comments, like the one about the whole report being written in the conditional, that I am far from believing that report. But for me, each anti-GMO objection is something that could lead to interesting discussions, and could be countered by the GMO supporters with real science. There are still too many of these objections that are not really answered by the GMO supporters.

I already said it in a previous thread, I wish there was a site similar to skepticalscience.com (which tackles global warming objections) dedicated to GMO objections, taking each claim one by one.

You might be interested in reading on this site. They go through "genetic roulette" section by section. They also list their own credentials so you know who you're reading.

http://academicsreview.org/reviewed-content/genetic-roulette/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)