AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an Integra control 2 items (one on each side) and do section control.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 11/27/2013 13:59 (#3474136 - in reply to #3473566)
Subject: RE: Can an Integra control 2 items (one on each side) and do section control.?

NW IL
If you can use "any standard flow meter", then would it be possible to have one flow meter, a "Y" splitter, and then 2 Hiniker VDO systems? The question then becomes can Ag Leader liquid control module handle one product (one flow meter), and two flow control valves (since each VDO system has a single flow control valve). I think the answer is "yes". Maybe I'm over simplifying things, but I think what you want is possible. You may want to double check with Ag Leader tech support, but I think you would need to make a "T" harness (or "splitter") that connects output from Ag Leader flow control to two VDO systems. The "T" wiring harness would simply open and close each VDO system at the same proportion. The harness would be simple to make - I think it is just a 3 wire weather pack connection.

Finally to get section control, you would need to add two "on/off" valves that connect to the section harness of Ag Leader. The ones we use for our section control are from KZ are similar to this: http://kzvalve.com/kz67fy-actuated-valve-10/ They have sizes ranges from 1/4" to 2".

In total, I think you would need:

1. one Ag Leader liquid control module
2. one flow meter
3. one "Y" splitter on the anhydrous ammonia line
4. two "on/off" valves (one for each side of the bar)
5. two Hiniker VDO systems (one for each side of the bar)
6. custom wiring "splitter" to connect Ag Leader harness to two flow actuators

Edited by swenzel 11/27/2013 14:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)