AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an Integra control 2 items (one on each side) and do section control.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/26/2013 07:01 (#3470431 - in reply to #3470126)
Subject: Re: Can an Integra control 2 items (one on each side) and do section control.?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
CornfedHusker - 11/25/2013 21:55

But will section Control work? We tried it years ago on an insight and the coverage map was tied to a product so the left side of the bar was a different product than the right.

I don't know but asking.

I am afraid you are correct unless something has changed that I'm not aware of with Ag Leader. True the Ag Leader products can handle more than one liquid product at a time - several in fact. The assumption is that the products are behind each other for the total width of the applicator. Things don't work out so well if the two products are side by side such as your situation.

Ag Leader only allows a product to be used only once as it is filtered out of the product list once it is chosen. I tried several tricks to accomplish the situation that you describe where the products were NH3 left and NH3 right. I was never successful with this.

Some of the tricks sort of worked but autoswath failed under certain circumstances. I tried making two products called NH3L and NH3R with offsets. One problem with this was when the bar hit a previously applied area where it would be desirable that the section shut off automatically. This would happen if the previously applied area was done by the section of the bar that encountered the area. If the area had been applied by the other end of the bar, the system would not interpret this area as being covered with that product and autoswath would not work as desired.

What we did with larger bars was to use a single system with two coolers but a single control valve and a single Master ON/OFF valve with section ON/OFF valves. Then there was only one product involved and section control which worked properly. This would be similar to a sprayer but with a Master ON/OFF valve ahead of the section valves. For partial passes, the section valve(s) would shut off. When no application was desired the section valves and the Master ON/OFF all cycle to the OFF position.

The Raven computer systems (and possibly others) such as the Viper could handle the situation that you describe where the same product is applied end to end. Autoswath for section control does work properly with the Raven systems if setup correctly.

Edited by tedbear 11/26/2013 07:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)