AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jerky curve following with Magnum 215 auto pilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bleed CIH Red
Posted 11/25/2013 11:47 (#3468510 - in reply to #3467749)
Subject: RE: Jerky curve following with Magnum 215 auto pilot

SW part of the "Cyclone" State!!
notilltom - 11/24/2013 22:58

Not a big rant.

I have some curves around building sites and waterways. When doing fall strip till this fall I found really reactive, jerky front wheels trying to follow curves. It seemed to run decent on straight, just curves.

Ideas? Never saw it do that so bad in past.

Magnum 215, pro 700 running the system. 372 and RTX.

Also found some but not all of my old lines were off 30 - 60" not sure why. One line might put strips right where I wanted them to start the field while while another would be away from edge significantly. Made some new lines so hopeful they work next spring as will be following 12 row strips with 16 r planter.

Done for fall, just thinking about settings for spring.

My guess is significant new firmware for spring both in NavII and Pro as the 1255 planter firmware gets finalized.

TIA

What's your versions on your Pro700? They can be found under Diagnostics-Version. There were some issues with autoguidance firmware and curve generation. That may be your problem.

As for the repeatability of RTX, I've been told that if you're running Standard version, that it should be converged clear down to 1 inch if you expect it to be repeatable in that range.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)