AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case tractor with deere planter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 11/25/2013 08:36 (#3468172 - in reply to #3468116)
Subject: Re: Case tractor with deere planter?

roaming
Ok, let me see if I can summarize.

Here are your options as I see them:

1. Keep the 700 and use it as your only display for the tractor and planter. In this case (assuming the planter is ISOBUS-compliant, which I think it is but you need to confirm), the 700 will run your tractor guidance and all other tractor functions (performance monitor, saving hitch settings, etc, etc.) For the planter, using only the planter factory electronics, the 700 serves as an ISOBUS Virtual Terminal or Universal Terminal, meaning that it will give you BASIC planter control (rate control, setup, calibration, diagnostics, etc.) If you want prescriptions or mapping, you will also need to unlock the Task Controller software for the Pro 700, which is somewhere around $800. If you want automatic row clutch control, you will also need to add some AFS AccuControl electronics, and unlock the AFS AccuControl software (again, approx $800). You should be able to reuse most of your factory section control hardware, but you'll be controlling it with new electronics. This is necessary because Deere has not made their section control system ISOBUS compliant yet. If they ever do, then you could run the factory section control electronics through the Pro 700 Task Controller, and get rid of the AFS AccuControl electronics.

2. Keep the Pro 700 for your tractor, and add a 2630 for the planter. This would give you two monitors, which some guys like and some don't. The 2630 would run the planter and the 700 would take care of the tractor features, so you would essentially have two independent systems.

3. Completely replace the 700 with a 2630. In this scenario, the 2630 would run the tractor guidance and the planter. It will not be able to communicate with the tractor CAN bus for performance monitoring, hitch controls, hydraulic remote programming, end-of-row management, or any other features. The only thing it will do for the tractor is guidance, so you'll be working only with the vehicle A-post display for all other features, and you'll lose some functionality that you would have if you had a 700. And then of course the 2630 will run the planter as well.

When it comes to your sprayer, the 2630 would be the easiest fit there. To use the Pro 700 on the sprayer, you would replace the factory electronics with an AFS AccuControl rate/section control system.

I would strongly recommend talking to both your local Deere dealer and your local CIH dealer, so that you have a better understanding of your options and the cost of each, before you make any decisions. It would also be worth thinking about your plans for the next year or two. i.e. if you're planning to trade combines next year (lets say out of green and into red), then it probably makes sense to choose a tractor/planter option that includes the Pro 700. If you wear green underwear and only got the Magnum because you lost a bet :-), then maybe the 2630 is a better fit on your farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)