AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez steer wonders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbellhouse
Posted 11/25/2013 08:33 (#3468162 - in reply to #3462098)
Subject: Re: ez steer wonders

Weyburn, SK
The way you describe your issue tells me that your calibration values are not correct:

When it is running it will start to get off line a couple of inches so it starts to adjust but it will over correct and then try to adjust really hard the other way and if you let it go it would actually turn the tractor around.

My guess is that you are running a 4wd tractor and have used the default Angle Per Turn value of 20. If I am wrong, please correct me, but I see this all the time.
Calibrating one of these systems is not about just pushing next, next, next until it is done. The numbers, especially Angle Per Turn, are critical to the way this system controls the tractor.

When calibrating angle per turn, start with the tractor about 2 feet off your guideline and drive parallel to the line. Hit engage, and watch how the tractor approaches the line. If you start on the left side of the line, and the tractor crosses over the line, angle per turn is too high. Lower it by a couple of numbers, and repeat this process of driving off the line yourself and hitting engage to approach the line. You are looking for the tractor to gently approach the line in a smooth arc, and not cross it.

You should end up with a value somewhere between 5 and 12 for a 4wd. If you do this step right, both the aggressiveness numbers should be around 100 depending on your own preference for how the tractor heads toward the line.

Also, like TrimbleMan above said - check your T2 box orientation. The question asks "Which way are the connectors facing", not "Where is the box mounted"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)