AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the difference between Ag Leader Auto steer units
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 11/24/2013 12:16 (#3466039 - in reply to #3465677)
Subject: Re: What is the difference between Ag Leader Auto steer units

North Central Iowa
I'm disappointed as well. I've got a fantastic dealer that has given excellent support over the years. In fact I bought a Compass and Ontrak II this fall to put in a rental tractor I got for tillage to help with the short season we were facing. The Compass hasn't shipped yet but he had a spare Versa unit that he let me use. My hope is to move the Ontrak II to the combine and attempt to move the Geosteer as well to have RTK steering next fall. I'm starting to have my doubts. Hopefully Ag Leader will get this fixed. I don't think it's affecting all the units they've sold, but after reading and posting about my problems on NAT all season, it appears that I'm not the only one with issues. I've talked to guys from Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan that are having similar problems. I just wish Ag Leader would let us know what they're planning to do about this. My dealer has done everything he can, it's not his fault. I've tried to get a service unit to replace my Geosteer, but Ag Leader is balking at that. I've got to get answers before next spring if I'm going to keep running this thing. I'll be on here singing Ag Leader's praises if they fix it, but I'm just getting frustrated. The worst of it is my season is pretty well over now that it's frozen up so I don't know if I can do any testing before spring to see if reliability will improve. When it works it's absolutely all I could hope for, but it only works about 75% of the time. That's not an acceptable percentage to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)