AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Direct Command Queries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/24/2013 09:15 (#3465612 - in reply to #3465285)
Subject: Re: Agleader Direct Command Queries

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I can't think of a way to use a standard control valve and a fast control valve at the same time. The system is designed to work with one or the other. I do not see how having both would improve your performance anyway.

The most common use for a fast close valve in my experience is with a single section NH3 applicator. Even then a two valve system with a separate control valve and a separate ON/OFF valve has some advantages (main disadvantage is higher price).

I would recommend using a standard Raven control valve in the liquid line and individual section valves. In a sprayer with a centrifugal pump, shutting off boom sections tends to be self limiting anyway. This along with the control valve should give good performance. Remember to double the flow through a given tip or section would require "squaring" the pressure.

If a positive displacement pump is being used, then some type of metered bypass arrangement would be needed to route the excess flow that would normally be going to a section back to the tank. There are various methods to do that.

In my experience the electronic pressure transducers are not worth the cost. A simple manual gauge is much cheaper.

I have seen systems that utilize two tanks. Often these have been setup with an electric 3-way valve. With this arrangement the pump is drawing from one tank or the other. The operator uses a switch to select which tank is to be the source. If the product requires agitation then another 3-way valve could be used for that and both valves could cycle together. The switches/wiring for these valves would be independent and not connected with the Direct Command system.

I have seen other setups where one tank is considered the main tank and is always the source for the pump. A separate pump is used to move product from the second tank to the main tank on the go as the main tank is emptied. The operator starts this pump when necessary.

Edited by tedbear 11/24/2013 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)