AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just a comment on Ethanol energy balance.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 11/24/2013 07:46 (#3465395 - in reply to #3465355)
Subject: Re: Just a comment on Ethanol energy balance.

deep SW On.
roarintiger1 - 11/24/2013 08:26

Alrighty then..........just how much energy is consumed creating a gallon of gasoline or a gallon of diesel fuel?

and.........how many gallons of American blood have been shed defending "big oil"? Just might want to balance the big picture.

roaring tiger conventional oil wells use produce 75% efficiencies (and that can be argued for ever) , new deep fracked wells I don't know ........ I won't comment on "the gallons of blood " as Canada has more than enough to satisfy the US and easily done if you would build a pipeline ..........all energy sources,coal.NG,LP.crude,ethanol have a pretty big footprint.......like food where 33% + or - is wasted or lost our children will need too change there lifestyles.....growing up when gas was 48 cents gal, diesel 30 cents and electric companies advertised "use it its yours" to now when its conserve,expensive ..... I don't know how we will look back at ethanol in 20 yrs. as it was a savior or it drove all input costs up and drove many off the land......do you think in not so far away maybe 1 farmer will farm each county ? In my short farming career we went from 20,000 + pork producers to 1,500 and with most of the production coming from 500 . The thing I feel worst about is the total loss of communities and friends. FYI we grow corn,soy,wheat and hogs and have a son & d-i-l who both are chem. eng. in the energy sector and they don't really see big oil conspiracy as there employers like farmers face many obstacles from environment to profits
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)