AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the difference between Ag Leader Auto steer units
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 11/24/2013 07:34 (#3465365 - in reply to #3463705)
Subject: Re: What is the difference between Ag Leader Auto steer units

North Central Iowa
I would be very cautious about trying a Geosteer if you're going to use it to plant. I assume you'll want to be on RTK. I've been using Ag Leader products for years and have been a big fan. I started with the YM2000, went to the Insight, added a couple of Ag Leader branded EZ Guide 500's with EZ steer. One of those I upgraded to RTK. Then I sold the RTK 500 and bought an Integra, Geosteer and a hydraulic steering kit set to RTK and thought I had the best system available. It has been a huge disappointment. I haven't run one day since I had the system installed this spring without problems that forced me to drive by hand, switch to WAAS, or spend hours on the phone with tech support. I have always sidedressed my corn using the same RTK lines that I planted with. I used those lines last year to combine downed corn with. It wasn't perfect, but it was tolerable. This year I steered on WAAS or manually enough while planting that it was impossible to sidedress with autosteer. This spring I was having problems with the cell modem , this fall I'm having convergence issues. After a couple of hours spent on the phone with tech support this fall on two or three different occasions, they finally admitted they were having problems and had no solution except to wait for a new software update that they had no idea when it would be ready.

I really hope they get this fixed by spring and that they admit publicly that they've had a problem and fixed it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)