AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting End Rows w/GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/21/2013 09:14 (#3458727 - in reply to #3458458)
Subject: Re: Planting End Rows w/GPS

Morris, IL
Not to sidetrack your thread, but how did you setup the Integra to let you know or shut off clutch at 90' from headlands? Does it generate a second boundary or what? I would really like that for strip tilling, other wise we burn half hour driving around field using headland AB lines dragging a marker stick. I just wish i could generate a smaller boundary line i could go by to tell when to lift and lower machine.

Also i would like to point out one thing on the planting headlands last. That was very common around here when seed was cheap and everything was conventional tilled. Guys would plant field, till the headlands again for maybe the 3-4th time in some cases, then plant headlands. We plant a lot into strip till now, i would rather plant into a loose seed zone and compact the top after planting then try and plant into compacted soil. We have agleader down pressure sensor and i just know they would be all over the place in that situation.

Are you running RTK Paul? If so get Integra and GPS setup on four wheeler sometime this winter. Then go around drawing all your AB lines. It works super slick. You can straiten lines out and stuff like that. I can explain little more if you want sometime via email if you would like. What dealer did you end up going with, Straitline?

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/21/2013 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)