AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Improvements for AgLeader GeoSteer on IN CORS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 11/21/2013 06:00 (#3458341 - in reply to #3458281)
Subject: Re: Improvements for AgLeader GeoSteer on IN CORS?

North Central Iowa
I've had issues since I bought the GeoSteer last spring. Changed phone numbers, streams, everything AgLeader suggested. Nothing helped. I started using Lance's NTRIP software with a smartphone and it seemed to help with the cell issues, but convergence times have been terrible this fall. I don't remember that being the problem last spring, but I had one of the modem's that AgLeader was having troubles with so I don't know if it ran long enough last spring to uncover the convergence issue. I planted a lot on WAAS or steering by hand.

This fall I started strip tilling a couple of days ago using the smartphone to get correction. It was much slower getting converged than it was last spring. Once converged it would run great for several hours. When it drops out it might reconverge in a few seconds or it might take over an hour. Yesterday I signed up for a two day subscription to AgLeader's cell plan to see if my smartphone and NTRIP Client was the problem. It wasn't. I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support at AgLeader trying to get around the convergence issue. I changed everything that they suggested and nothing worked. I finally set everything back to where I started and was was waiting for tech support to call back. The tech was going to go talk to some other people to get more suggestions of what to do. I was on the phone whining to premiertech when it suddenly converged. I ran for three or four more hours without incident untill it got too tough to get wet stubble through the Pluribus. I left the Geosteer running overnight and I'll see in a little while if I still have an RTK fix. The tech did return my call and had a few suggestions but decided to leave well enough alone as long as it was running.

The tech had me switch to WAAS yesterday to troubleshoot and it converged instantly. It won't converge on the RTK settings. Premiertech has a list of things to try today if I have troubles, including a Glonass unlock, but as long as it's running I'm going to run. My weather window appears to be closing this afternoon. Premiertech has been great to work and I highly recommend him as a dealer. I feel this is an AgLeader problem that's out of his control. Agleader are you listening?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)