AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"end of row" warning on Integra/Versa ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/20/2013 07:30 (#3456420)
Subject: "end of row" warning on Integra/Versa ??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was just reading over on AgTalk Cafe where a poster had a question about an "end of row" warning feature with his Ag Leader steering.

I have an older Insight unlocked for steering that works with a Trimble Nav II. This has an "end of row" warning feature. This works fine for me when planting on my mostly rectangular fields. I have another tractor with a Trimble CFX 750 working with another Nav II. This too, has the "end of row" warning and works in the same way. The end of row point is apparently updated on each pass. If the passes get progressively shorter or longer the warning works OK but may not give you the warning as early as you expect. If you do some things out of the ordinary the warning may not work as you expect but usually gets updated after another pass.

My newest tractor uses an Integra with GeoSteer working with the Deere components via a CAN connection. This system has worked well so far this fall once I got the engage switch replaced. Yesterday I was doing some boring tillage and almost got over into the neighbors as I had dozed off. After reading the post this morning I realized that apparently I don't have such a warning of this rig. If one is available I haven't run across it.

I will check, but at the moment, I'm thinking that such a warning is not available.

Edited by tedbear 11/20/2013 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)