AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Real advantage to having boundaries done with RTK?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

arcticcatfarmer
Posted 11/19/2013 19:58 (#3455503 - in reply to #3450590)
Subject: RE: Real advantage to having boundaries done with RTK?

Tip of the Thumb of Michigan

I had good luck with waas boundaries before we got rtx.  I love using the headland pattern and it was usually off some, but was very lucky to be able to use it most of the time.

Here is something that I did learn about trying to use different corrections.  I was using a friends tractor that had rtk.  2 of my fields could not get rtk all the time.  I was running it using x-fill and then completely lost rtk.  So I changed the correction to SBAS.  It work fine if I kept moving, just like waas usually does.  The thing I learned was that when switching from waas to rtk was the lines were instantly off 3ish feet.  I ran 2 different lines.  One shifted and one original.  When ever I changed correction I used the other line and was right on.  It was also the same when I would try to run headland passes using rtx that were made with waas.  The whole field would be off about 3 feet east or west.  I assume that you need to use the correction source to steer that orginally created it.  That what I was experiencing.

I would recommend, based only on "my" experience, that you do boundaries in what ever correction that you are using with your equipment.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)