AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody have huge WAAS shifts yesterday?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 11/17/2013 16:19 (#3450209)
Subject: Anybody have huge WAAS shifts yesterday?

North Central Iowa
Yesterday I was running NH3 with a new to me Versa and Ontrak II on WAAS. I pulled into a quarter and made three passes on the north and south headlands. I set lines on both headlands. Then I set my AB line along the west fence then drove 1/8 of a mile east to switch tanks. When I switched tanks I just started where the new tank was and worked back west to where I set my AB line. When I got next to my original AB pass the coverage map appeared to match up perfectly with the original pass. In reality I was off nearly thirty feet. I got out and made ten paces between the knife tracks. I'm pulling a 37.5' bar. A couple of hours later I added a pass to one of the headland passes. Sitting in the old track I had to shift the line 12' 11" to match up. I've been running a couple of Ag Leader branded EZ 500's for several years and have never experienced over 2-3' of line shift overnight, let alone in less than two hours. My Integra is on RTK so there is no satellite drift there. This is the first "true" Ag Leader steering system I've used on WAAS. Is this normal? Is it an Ag Leader thing or just satellite drift?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)