AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using AgStudio from Mapshots - Data ownership/control concerns and other thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/15/2013 10:19 (#3445978 - in reply to #3445737)
Subject: RE: Technical clarifications

Ted

Every time you talk about your company's products I acquire a bit more hope. I should have more thoroughly read the contracts before creating my original post. Even with contracts though, I feel priorities can change over time as new management comes into a company and ownership interests change, etc. What if another company buys all of Mapshots 15 years from now and they issue a new agreement that I don't like? How hard am I going to have to work to get my data out of that system at that point? I hope any software company will protect the interests of their costumer as they go through transitions like that but I don't expect it. That is another reason I'm excited to hear verification that you're still intending to go forward with growers hosting their own databases. I perhaps take too pessimistic of an outlook sometimes.

While I'm at it, I have a compliment for your support team. Shawna emailed me at 10:30 last night to let me know she was still working on the issue I had asked about yesterday. That seemed like going above and beyond to me. Clint has also been very patient in explaining various things to me and is a wealth of knowledge. Your newer employees are trying very hard and seem to be coming along quickly. When it comes to the team that goes along with the product, I can't imagine any much better than the Mapshots team.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)