AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 660 for BBI spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/14/2013 07:43 (#3443811 - in reply to #3443787)
Subject: RE: Raven 660 for BBI spreader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
boa628 - 11/14/2013 06:31

Just bought an used BBI spreader that came with a 660 Raven. We're using it for gypsum right now, I've never used a Raven for anything dry, only spraying. The guy we bought it off of used it for lime. We are not doing variable rate. It works great except the rate won't stay constant when it's set on rate 1 or rate 2. Is this common for dry material or should the monitor act the same way as when it's used for liquid? It's always close but won't quit jumping around, for example, we are putting a ton on and it will jump from 1900 to 2050 and go anywhere in between. The only thing we changed in the monitor when we calibrated it was the product density and the gate height and going by the monitor we are hitting 2000 pounds dead on every load, (we also weighed the first load) so I'm pretty confident we have it calibrated right and it's doing what it says it's doing. I was just curious if it was normal for the rate to jump around on the monitor when applying a dry product.

If you have it set for 2000 pounds and the display is varying from 1900 to 2050, I wouldn't be too concerned.

The Raven displays have a setting called "display smoothing" which can be turned ON or OFF. With display smoothing ON, the rate shown will be the target rate (2000) unless the target rate is significantly off target. So if in your case display smoothing is set to OFF seeing the variation from 1900 to 2050 might be expected. Turning display smoothing ON will make things "look better" but really doesn't change the actual application. The displayed application rate will show 2000 unless the actual rate is considerably different, then the actual rate is displayed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)