AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's get creative with this wiring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/14/2013 07:16 (#3443762 - in reply to #3442919)
Subject: Re: Let's get creative with this wiring

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree that by using relays close to the load you can get by with one less wire and the wire can be smaller.

As I envision this the switches could be single pole double throw types (Double Pole Double throws will work as long as you have them already). Three switches would be needed with 6 outputs to trigger the relays. Six output wires with a single 12V source would allow you to only need 7 wires to the switch box. At the far end 6 Single Pole Relays could be used. Each of the relays would get its 12V current back there but be triggered by an output wire from the switchbox. Now if the load is small (sounds like it) then the relays would not be needed.

Does the application require one polarity or the other or does it need a neutral (no action) position? If it needs a neutral no action position the switches would need to have a center off position. I think a center off position is likely for hydraulics to provide a "hold" position. If the application requires a full extend or a full retract situation then limit switches can be used to break the circuit at the ends of the stroke. This can be accomplished with a switch and a diode to get the action to reverse after the limit is reached.

Edited by tedbear 11/14/2013 07:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)