AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a guidance system get a virus?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigaljack
Posted 11/13/2013 08:49 (#3441582)
Subject: Can a guidance system get a virus?

Bartlett TX
I am perplexed by a problem that is going to be a very expensive one to solve. I have 3 Deere autotrac systems, with three Deere GPS receivers. Two of them are Starfire itc sf2, one is a 3000 w rtk. All have performed flawlessly until this past may. I got a new '12 model s670 combine and from the first time I tried to use autotrac on it, it would never drive straight over a terrace or on in even terrain. The tcm would go crazy and show very exaggerated roll pitch readings and overcompensate over uneven terrain. Deere came out, tried to fix combine, said it must be a receiver problem, so I tried a different one, same result. Then the third receiver. Same deal. Now all three receivers are permanently messed up and act up no matter what vehicle they are used on. I have tried changing the receiver height settings from 1" to 156" with no luck. The tcm performance is slightly better set at 1" high. I have calibrated tcms countless times. My Deere dealer sent the itc to ag express and had a new tcm installed, same problem. He sent the 3000 to Deere, they said they fixed it, got it back yesterday, same problem. The dealer has loaned me a used itc receiver and it performs flawlessly. What on earth could have corrupted all three of my GPS receivers? My dealer just says buy new ones but that's easy for them to say. I guess I'm supposed to just throw my $15k rtk 3000 receiver in the dumpster??? I am at a loss and do not know what to do. Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)