AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fm 750 w/ RTX not staying on line
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 11/12/2013 19:02 (#3440376 - in reply to #3440069)
Subject: Re: Fm 750 w/ RTX not staying on line

NNW Nebraska
I have the antenna mounted on the front of my pickup, (somewhat left front corner and so I can drive and line it up on the steel post) so no terrain compensation.
If I set a steel post in front of my pickup, almost touching the grill guard, and on the multiple of ab line I am trying to use, Then if if I back up say 50 feet, then pull up again to the exact same spot, I will commonly be off over a foot. more often 4 to 6 inches, and after several tries of doing that, I will get it to be back to 0" off line.
Now if I set that post with the pickup heading north, then go around and approach the post while driving south, it is always off some where around 2 feet. Now I know the ground is not perfectly flat so that could account for a inch or so, but I am lining up the antenna with the top of the steel post, so that even if the pickup is leaning a bit, the antenna is still lined up as close as I can center it on the post, and less than a foot from touching the post. Does the antenna itself being not perfectly level affect the position it reads out? I can't under stand why the position or leaning of the pickup should effect anything as I am only comparing the position of the antenna to the post.
Now if I approach the same post from the east, and driving by it, but stopping as the antenna is as close to lined up on the north/south ab line, but about 18 inches to the north of the post, the display will always read out 2 or more feet off line. I forgot exactly what that number was.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)