AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK Setup- sun?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SamC
Posted 3/27/2008 16:05 (#343158 - in reply to #340919)
Subject: RE: RTK Setup- sun?

Hi Chad I'm from Québec , Canada and we use rtk since last year and we were owning the base station. This year our dealer bought our base to do a network, our base station is also on a site of an elevator. We install the base on a ciment block that is at least at 40 feet from any silos and we put the radio on the elevator at 125' using the 300' cord. I don't know if you already have the installation manual of rtk but they told about the sun reflecting in it. When I installed it last year i try to put an original starfire receiver for my base and it didn't work at that moment , the dealer didn't know why so i put a stargfire itc as base station , but another ams salesman from another dealer told me that it should work with the original starfire as base station but i didn't retry it since.

So this year for the new network the dealer will install a 6db antenna on the radio of the base station, this is a guy from jd ams that told my dealer to do so. The guy said that it will probably not go very farther than 12 miles but it will go better thru trees and other obstacles.

I hope it will help you a little bit

Samuel Coutu
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)