AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/1/2013 06:33 (#3417072 - in reply to #3416145)
Subject: Re: Agleader Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
CornfedHusker - 10/31/2013 17:55

unless you are on an ISO install in a deere or on a newer case combine...the profiles won't allow use of a remote switch.

I've used a Steering unlocked Insight with a Trimble Autopilot (Nav II) for many years. It has a remote switch mounted in one of the spare "holes" in the command arm. This is a momentary switch and engagement takes place when the switch is released. This is a momentary rocker switch and works very well. The replies about which pins to use to the remote momentary switch are correct. The screen ICON or the switch can be used to engage. Most operators use the switch.

On a different note but related to Steering:

On my new Deere 8310R I have installed an Integra with Geosteer. This goes through the 9 pin AMP connector by the right cab window. This combination uses the Deere steering valve and sensors but communicates with the Geosteer via a cable. The steering on this rig must be engaged by using the Deere steering engagement switch. The screen steering ICON cannot be used to engage this combination. A message appears explaining this fact. The screen ICON can be used to disengage but turning the wheel is most commonly used.

This system should engage when the switch is pushed rather than released. It works fine about 90% of the time but won't engage on other occasions. I have posted about this before but haven't found a resolution. It almost seems like the switch is not making contact at times. My Ag Leader tech was out yesterday and rode with me. Of course, it worked fine while he was onboard. It failed on the next pass as he was driving out the driveway. My Deere tech says that I should be able to watch an address on the Commandview screen which should show the status of the Deere switch. He hasn't found that address yet.

Another Deere dealership has this switch on hand and I'm tempted to buy it in hopes that this takes care of the problem. It is aggravating to say the least and will be unacceptable next spring when the tractor is used for planting.

Edited by tedbear 11/1/2013 06:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)