AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost for Trimble RTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Canucker
Posted 10/28/2013 11:22 (#3409043 - in reply to #3408954)
Subject: Re: Cost for Trimble RTK

Prairie Precision doesn't cover a good chunk of MB, and I'm not sure if the other guys have their's up and running properly or not. The RTK based internet provider I'm familiar with is http://www.can-net.ca/ They have a network, not a collection of single base stations, and can also provide Roger's cards specific to them which is helpful.

Roughly, I'd say you're in for $21000 for VRS based drainage or $32000 for 900mHz drainage. There is a usually $1500/year subscription for VRS. Both those prices do not include steering on your tractor, and both prices are for a single receiver unlocked for RTK & GLONASS. Most of the guys around here save the second receiver unlock and just move the antenna to the scraper when doing ditching and back to the tractor when doing field work.

There's also some debate as to whether you need a local base station or if a cell based RTK correction is accurate enough for drainage. For my area, cell based works well, as long as there is cell coverage. If you get into super flat land like the Red River Valley, you may need the extra precision from a local base station, especially if you're doing tile.

Hope that helps. Let us know what you end up going with and who you are going to deal with!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)