AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Section Control on AL Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/28/2013 06:17 (#3408660 - in reply to #3407499)
Subject: Re: Section Control on AL Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ok, so in the 12 row liquid side of things, you would be using 7 sections. My thinking now is that you would need another implement defined for use with the 12 row situation. Again assuming 30" rows.

This liquid implement would have 9 sections with the following section widths: Sections 1 & 9 = 90" or 7.5', Sections 2 & 8 = 30" or 2.5'. The remaining inner Sections 3 -7 would be their true width of 60" or 2.5'. If you add these widths up they should equal 45'. Having the Switch or switches set to keep Sections 1 & 9 OFF, should leave the remaining sections at 30' since 7.5' has been "removed" from each end. Sections 2 - 7 should now add up to 30'. This is of course assuming that the manual valves shutting off the odd extra tip on each end has been shut off as well.

I believe this trickery with the boom section widths will accomplish the goals of having the proper section control as well as rate control.

The other liquid implement would have 9 sections with the their true width of 5' feet each. This checks as 9 x 5' = 45' which is the covered width in that situation.

As I envision the situation now you would have a total for four implements. Two dry implements and two liquid implements. The 18 row configuration uses those two implements and the 12 row configuration uses the other two implements. I think that should work.

Now to figure out why the unloading system on my combine locked up last night. Its full of corn and a new shear bolt broke while I was watching. The augers turn a bit and then bang, the shear bolt breaks. When it breaks it is a real "solid" sound so I'm not optimistic. I will probably have to drive over the pit and poke the corn out through the access doors to get to the problem. I guessing either a broken cross auger, gearbox or bearing.

Edited by tedbear 10/28/2013 06:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)