AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steering SP sawthers ... Trimble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

J. Sheehan
Posted 10/25/2013 09:45 (#3404094 - in reply to #3403873)
Subject: RE: Steering SP sawthers ... Trimble

Sunnyside, WA
I am running a Hesston 9260 swather with a Trimble 750 on RTX and EZ Steer. Can swath up to 12 mph (all the faster it will go in low range) and it does well. WAAS does not work. Line moves too much. I have since changed the 750 on rtk for a different 750 on Rangepoint RTX and IMO it works as well as RTK plus much cheaper. I have not tried the EZ Pilot since it was not available yet when I started.

My header is supposed to be 15'3" and I have it set for a 14'3" swath because of hill sides and triticale leaning. Makes it easy on the help. Alfalfa may be able to push it out to 14'6" or 14'9". Not sure

Here are the settings from Hank in OR:

These settings are on a Hesston 9635 running XP with the antenna mounted on the very front of the cab.
Wheelbase 270" actual is 135"
antenna height 132" actual
antenna offset 96" forward actual is 30" forward
angle per turn 110 degrees
freeplay left 0
freeplay right 0
motor speed manual low
swather steering delay 1.0 as high as possible
online agressiveness 125%
approach agressiveness 135%

With these settings this machine will run track on track both directions on a 1/2 mile long dirt road. From the discussion below I tried reducing the wheelbase down to 55" and it weaves back and forth at a rapid pace. This is a bit different than I had my NH set up last year but it seems to work well. On the NH where we were running slower speeds I had the wheelbase at 400" to 500". Hope this helps some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)