AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble or Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Canucker
Posted 10/22/2013 10:55 (#3398376 - in reply to #3396655)
Subject: Re: Trimble or Deere

If you're not personally inclined one way or another go with whomever has the best dealer support for your area. The JD guys are always going to scare tactic you into staying pure to avoid problems, but if they can't solve your problems that you WILL have regardless of what setup you go with, staying "pure" is pointless anyways. I'm work at a CNH dealer and I've fixed JD setups that the JD guy couldn't get up and running.

If you're already comfortable with the FM-750 you should be able to get up and running with a FM-750 and an autopilot doing the steering. It's fully integrated and you won't have a mess of wiring or a motor hanging off it.

As far as signal goes, the FM-750 can work with WAAS and RangepointRTX without any unlocks. Rangepoint RTX is $250usd a year and uses GPS & GLONASS satellites. With an Omnistar unlock you can get XP, HP, and my personal favourite, Centerpoint RTX. Centerpoint RTX is 1.5" accuracy with $1650usd a year subscription. Much cheaper than going RTK and nearly as accurate.

My personal bias is towards Trimble. But for you, I would strongly recommend whomever can give you better support. Saving $2000 right now may seem awesome, but if it leaves your whole setup stranded in the business season, that additional savings adds a whole lot of cost in a hurry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)