AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar Variety Locator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 10/21/2013 22:54 (#3397753)
Subject: Greenstar Variety Locator

NEND
In reference to the posts of few days ago regarding Variety Locator. I have been using it successfully for 5 years prior to this year. I traded my 2600's for 2630's this year. We just started corn last Saturday and when I went to the field, I checked to verify that Variety Locator was set up correctly. In Documentation it said "Variety Locator OK for this field". It didn't seem to change to the correct variety consistently in the field just as some had mentioned. When I downloaded the data into Apex, the varieties weren't correct. So I called Stellar Support and they told me there are issues with v.l. if you have the newest display version and don't have the newest version of Apex, or vise versa. So that is something to verify. But when I double checked the items I had selected when
I created a harvest profile, I forgot to check all the varieties that I had planted. So when I thought it didn't switch varieties, it didn't have the correct one in the profile to switch to. Seeing it say that Variety Locator OK for this field does not necessarily mean the file is set up correctly. Just a couple things to check. I also make variety background maps as some mentioned, that's handy to be able to strike through in the middle of a particular variety.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)