AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One brand across the lot?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Trimbleguy
Posted 10/20/2013 16:24 (#3395119 - in reply to #3394196)
Subject: Re: One brand across the lot?

SEQ, Australia
So you've seen them at their best too!! I thought you may have been looked after a bit better seeing as you are more local to their "home base".

If you want to shift the A5, I have a guy that has taken about 6 off our hands recently and sold them into another region. I'm sure we could make yours disappear too....

Your Case NavII can be flipped to Trimble software more locally that sending it to AgExpress in the USA as well, but if you are going to stay with the Pro700 you have the option of keeping what you have now and modifying your implement width slightly to match up with the FMX display, or trade the 262 on an FMX and run one display for guidance, and one for the integration with the tractor. You can feed NMEA out of the FMX AutoPilot to the Pro700 so that it effectively has GPS as well, but the FMX will run both passive & active implement steering as well as the FIQ/Water Management. Might be more expensive going this route, but you will get what you want.

The problem with going JD is that they are very limited as to what platforms the gear can be used on - in most cases, if it's not a late model integrated Deere tractor, you can only use the ATU. I think they even use Raven platform kits to integrate in other machines, which opens you up to the whole "it's the Raven/JD's fault" when something goes wrong.....

At least a switched on Trimble dealer can supply hydraulic platforms across a much wider range of equipment, and you're not locked in to staying with a particular colour.

Edited by Trimbleguy 10/20/2013 16:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)