AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One brand across the lot?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Trimbleguy
Posted 10/20/2013 05:58 (#3394182 - in reply to #3394164)
Subject: Re: One brand across the lot?

SEQ, Australia
RTX is the satellite correction signal that now achieves +/- 4cm accuracy using GLONASS sats. Has annual subscription, and no special licenses available yet, so not for everyone, but with the reduction in costs due to not having to have the base/s and one less upgrade code and no radio, it still might be worth looking at. We've been running them in headers up here recently , and I have a particular customer who has all JD RTK gear, but has a new CLAAS 750 TT Header with Trimble RTX EZ-Pilot. He reckoned that he couldn't pick the difference between the JD RTK and the RTX, whereas when we ran the same system on HP last year, he found he had to nudge it occasionally.

The issue I see with keeping the Pro700/262 combination is that although you think you've got Trimble gear - it's not really, and there will be discrepancies with compounding errors going across the field. The JD stuff used to be the same (as well as the line creation differences) but from what I've seen the latest JD software does a reasonable job of mimicking the Trimble lines.

As for Case v Trimble - I'm a Trimble Distributor, so I will always have a biased opinion here. See my previous post re: support.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)