AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help Kinze/ Agleader Guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 10/17/2013 05:50 (#3388617 - in reply to #3387530)
Subject: Re: Help Kinze/ Agleader Guys

Missouri
I used the link "your active threads" when I check NAT, so anytime anyone replies to a thread I've participated in, I find it the next time I log in. I use the search, and try to read any thread with "kinze" or "ag leader" in it several times a week, so there's generally not much I miss.

I don't think you will be able to turn those rows off with the clutches. If you did, that would result in unpainted strips in your coverage map, and also the shut off areas would not be included in the acreage count. Those rows will either need to have no seed in them, have their meters disengaged, or preferably have their meters removed entirely. If you tried to turn them off with the clutch switchbox, then when you plant across your end rows, the 8 planting rows would turn back on in the overlap area when they cross the blank rows.

As I understand this, you are using 8 out of the 12 rows on the rear of the planter, right? In the PMM (planter monitor module) settings, I would set it to ignore those rows. I am not certain, but it may be necessary to "re-ignore" them every time the system is started up. I do know that will prevent population alarms on the non-planting rows, but what I don't know is what it will do to the population count. It could count 100% of the actual population, or it could count 75% of the actual population (on account of considering the ignored rows as planting "0"). You'll just have to try it and see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)