AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 5088 with 267 hours with pic's. Whats it worth and how to sell it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/16/2013 14:32 (#3387331 - in reply to #3386983)
Subject: RE: IH 5088 with 267 hours with pic's. Whats it worth and how to sell it?

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
upperMichigan - 10/16/2013 06:12

It told them they have the equivilent to the 67 corvette in grandma's garage with 1000 miles on it.       

I'm sorry, but I don't see it being anything like that. More like a 1984 AMC Eagle.

It isn't old enough to be a collectors item, and it isn't new enough or big enough to be a highly sought after machine for most farms. It was made by a now defunct company, and parts are hard to get at best. I'm sure they were a fine machine in their day, but I was never really impressed by them compared to slightly newer machines that have a little more dealer support and some people who know how to work on them.

I've got several old IH's around, and they are fine, but when something major goes wrong they more or less become parts. Even if parts are to be found, the guys who know how to work on them are now in their 70's or 80's, if they are still around. I could be dead wrong, and hopefully for you there are some collectors out there that want one, but for the $50,000+ people on here are talking, it would not be a usable machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)