AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield doubles on 2630 in a 9660
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sserven
Posted 10/15/2013 22:54 (#3386378)
Subject: Yield doubles on 2630 in a 9660

WCIL
We have a 9660 that only cuts beans. The yield will occasionally increase to about double or more on the monitor. The local tech suggested unchecking the overlap control box and that didn't work. I thought maybe it was the itc receiver that had a low diff signal around 4 when it was doubling once but I switched it out with a 3000 receiver and still have the occasional problem.

My coverage maps look fine and I've checked the header width while it was doing it but they are showing 30ft like always. I've gotten the yield to return to normal once by doing a cold start and unplugging the monitor while the engine was running then plugging it back in, but another time that trick didn't work. The last time it happened I used a sf2 grace period and the yield went back to normal. It seems to do it either mid morning or late at night. It seems to almost be tied to poor gps signal, but we have a 9770 with a 2630 and 3000sf1 in the same field with no problems.

I have replaced the poly part of the mass flow sensor but it didn't fix it. The diagnostic page for harvest monitor in the original green star display will show an increased flow rate while it's doing this, but it isn't increased as much as the yield has from normal. I'm not sure where to look next so I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion before I go throwing expensive parts at this problem.

I do remember this happening last year when we had a brown box and mobile processor in the combine so I'm sure it has to be a problem on the machine, also all the software is up to date.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)