AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol industry leaders calling for prosecution in EPA leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 10/15/2013 05:47 (#3384370 - in reply to #3384343)
Subject: Re: As bad as this sounds it isn't a done deal.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
The EPA telegraphed this several weeks (months) ago. To not believe that the oil industry lobbists and big traders influencers haven't had the relevant EPA officials and/or office workers to lunch,dinner and weekends in the Carribean is naive.
That said, this deal isn't done yet. There is still time to make your side of the case and I suggest we get to work. Remember Washingtion works on a lag. They are responding to the situation of high priced corn from last year and that's not the case now. You can also point out that there is no shortage of US oil production but oil prices are still well over $100 barrel and retail gasoline hasn't budged a bit. There are all sorts of arguments to indicate that we should continue the development of alternative fuels and we will only if there is real pressure to develop and build the infrastucture. Remember, North Dokota oil is nice gift but I suspect that they rather misrepresent the numbers when they tout it. It's a whole lot more natural gas than gas liquids and gas liquids is not gasoline.
Take advantage of the rainy weather and contact your House Representative and Senators. Point out to them just how important ethanol is to rural prosperity.
PS: To those of you who still don't understand how important ethanol has been to rural prosperity don't understand that without it the price of hay would be back to $25/ton and beef would be $0.40/lb. I remember in 1998 seeing a load of good straight beef type 6 weight heifer calves sell for $0.20/lb. You want to go back to that. Be my guest.
Also, remember we have just as much right to a share of the motor fuel business as "Big Oil" but you have to want it as bad as they do.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)