AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP - recording problems on 9660sts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MNCORNFARMER
Posted 10/13/2013 20:01 (#3381623)
Subject: HELP - recording problems on 9660sts

SE MN

It's been a long day and a half...  Started out by running some drift wood into the bean head and taking out 12 fingers... not the end of the world  lets keep going.  Then out of nowhere my 2630 beeps and goes to the original greenstar display mode with a warning saying I am about to change the moisture curve.  I didn't try to do that so I press cancel........ press it again....... and again hit the run button every button on there and nothing.  Hmmm ok it's not my first rodeo so lets try a reboot......Awesome seems to be working.......Lets get rolling.......wow these beans are yielding 3000 bu./ac????????  Back to the harvest monitor oh a cal number of one might have something to do with that, but wait I didn't think that number should go that low...... lets put it back to 748 where it was......I push the 7 button and it enters in 14 for me then push the 4 and it deletes the 14 and enters 8.......OK fine lets shut down unplug and and restart......enter 748 and it takes it.....Sweet lets get rolling....better do another cal to be sure so lets start that now.........Its going great until I loose connection to the moisture meter......Great pretty sure thats junk which I had been thinking all along.....Well its 5:30 on saturday night and the beans are cutting great so I'm not going to let that stop me......But I busted sickle might.

Sorry about the lenghty vent now onto the real problem.

I got a new moisture meter got it installed and the rest of the head and combine fixed fire it up and.....NO moisture meter being seen by the machine.  Got that figured out to a call and service call to the dealership and they came out and put new software on the moisture meter.  Great seems to be working.  He left and I finished up a little piece and moved to the field all this happened in last night.  Map came back looks good lets roll.....I drop the head and it won't record.  I pick it up and set it back down and it starts.  What I have fisured out is that if I drop the head and atleast part of it is not in a covered area it will turn on recording like it should but if I let the head down in a covered area and enter a non-covered area it won't turn recording on until I pick it up and set it back down and it might take 3 or 4 times doing that to get it to go.  Before you ask no I don't have the latest software on the display and I will be doing that in the morning to see if that will work.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting sick of raising and lowering the head everytime I want to start a new cut. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)