AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All-in-one Steer/Planter Monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NDFarm
Posted 10/13/2013 18:19 (#3381432 - in reply to #3380378)
Subject: Re: All-in-one Steer/Planter Monitor

ND
Before I put my 2 cents in here is what we run:
1990s'ish JD 3 point mounted planter with an FMX display that auto-steers & does the row monitoring
2001 JD planter with an fmx display that auto-steers, runs the hydraulic drives, & does the row monitoring
2011 JD planter with an fmx display that auto-steer and a 20/20 monitor that operates the hydraulic drives, row shut offs & row monitoring.

It is possible to run your planter (row monitoring, drives, & row shut offs) with just you cfx 750 screen but you may not want too, here's the catch:
To connect your planter to your cfx display, you'll need to add Trimble field iq wiring on your tractor and planter, field iq module for row monitoring, field iq rate and section control module to control your drives and run your row shut offs (essentially you'll be bypassing all your JD electronics withe Trimble stuff) to do this on my 2011 planter it was going to cost me $10,000+ also, you won't be able to operate your JD air down pressure system through the Trimble display.

To run the JD 26?? Display you'll need the display, wiring harness to make your tractor isobus ready along with wiring to get gps info from the cfx 750 to the 26?? Display. You'll also need the swath control unlock on your 26?? In order to operate the row shut-offs.

On our 2011 planter we chose to go with precision planting with row-flow modules instead of using a jd 2600 display. It works good, and has surprised us on how user friendly it was for calibrating the row shut offs. Cost wise its somewhere between the JD display solution & the all Trimble solution.

In all honesty your most economical solution will be to run both your cfx 750 and a jd 2600 side by side. In our case we went the precision planting 20/20 route instead of Trimble or John Deere because it was the best solution for us.

Edited by NDFarm 10/13/2013 18:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)