AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EPA/Ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 10/12/2013 08:03 (#3379032 - in reply to #3378934)
Subject: Just read Newsom on DTN

Been busy.. Bean harvest should mostly be a wrap by the weekend.. Then we'll see if we have any moisture to get the HRW Wheaties in.. btw.. Catoosa in Oklahoma is +$.30 vs ICT processor.. bleeding off about 1/3 of the normal inflow.. exports are real..  (I read BOTH of Newsom's articles..)  The basis traders are binning..

I have to decide this week if I'm going to plant corn next year.. prepay.  This history of the 80's says to CUT COSTS.. those who didn't throw costs over board didn't make it...  I'm thinking about not planting a single acre of corn next year.. If we are going to shut things down.. then that is probably what it will take...  It's not what I want to do.. but the pencil on paper says it's the best option.

fwiw..

Sorry I was too bullish this summer.. it's hard to read everything in the middle of work.. fighting the weather like we have..  I can build a scenerio that gets corn back over $6.00.. and I give that a 1 in 3 odds...   Not sure I want to see the conditions (I don't) that would make it happen.. but not in control... Newsom points out that we could also see loan rates..  The funds have a death grip on these markets.. and want to squeeze the life out of them.. that works in one year.. but when you drive the Market DOLLARS below COP's.. ACREAGE is gonna take a dive.. we've lived that before..  "been there.. done that."

We spend over a quarter million on fertilizer.. another 100 k + on seed.. and about that much on Chemicals... all this has to go.

later..           

btw.. I am not advocating this.. I'm just responding to market signals.   

Edited by JonSCKs 10/12/2013 08:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)