AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hedgie, why are you not recommending shorting John Deere?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

hedgefund farmer
Posted 10/12/2013 07:29 (#3378950 - in reply to #3378918)
Subject: Re: Hedgie, why are you not recommending shorting John Deere?

Harmon I agree the equipment market is so overcapacity and new it could be in for a huge tumble down the road. Most guys have sufficient equipment to farm theirs and there neigbors ground for the next twenty years. Only thing in the short run is guys still have lots of money and lots of stuff going overseas. Might take a year or two before its time to really get short DEERE.
I have not given another thought to using my name after one of the posters on here told of death threats and people calling to harm his children. lots of wackos out there.
Many think I have lots of glee over this . I do grow and buy lots of corn. Feed will finally be down for a change. But the big thing is that being in the hogs I have seen first hand the devastion from guysthat missed the last cycle and got blown out by high corn. Just want to give a warning shot to these guys this winter to get prepared and sold ahead. so they don't have to repeat same mistakes. Most are set to do it the way it looks./ ALso plently of ridicule at the time for making the call.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)