AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moisture not changing Insight yield monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premiertech
Posted 10/7/2013 22:15 (#3372044 - in reply to #3371122)
Subject: Re: Moisture not changing Insight yield monitor

Alden and Osage, IA
PFS12 - 10/7/2013 13:45

Softail is right, check the moisture sensor, there should be a little copper colored button under the fin of the sensor. The temperature reading is one of the most important parts of the system. Change the sensor and it should be fine......Don't "F" with that prox screw unless you absolutely have too. I have seen this before and this should correct your issue. just be sure that the new moisture sensor is compatible with what you take out. That sounds like an analog sensor and all the new sensors will be CAN based. make sure before you order that it is compatible or else you will be changing more than just the sensor and the bills will add up!

You are correct that the temperature is important to the yield monitor functioning properly. However, the new sensors are not CAN based. They can be used on Legacy combine kits (serial connections) without problems. They just have an updated circuit board with different connectors and are made in house. Ag Leader sells adapter cables to adapt a newer style moisture sensor (12 pin Deutsch connector) to an older style module (round AMP connector).

I agree that either the module or the sensor is bad. I would start by testing a new sensor by plugging it into the module, then checking the temp readout on the screen. If it reads correctly, you have found your problem. If it does not read correctly, then the module is your problem. Strange things happen when a moisture module fails.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)