AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do I need to upgrade my signal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PFS12
Posted 10/7/2013 15:36 (#3371168 - in reply to #3371156)
Subject: Re: Do I need to upgrade my signal

Western New York
There are efforts that can be made to tighten that up a little. A left right offset can be adjusted to even those guess rows out. The biggest issue with "low accuracy" is that you can't come back tomorrow, or next year, (or 15 minutes from your last pass for that matter) and maintain that accuracy.

As long as you continue to move WAAS accuracy is decent enough to plant on....in my opinion. The problem occurs when you stop. All the other pieces of the puzzle continue to move...satellites move, the earth turns, that math continues to run even though you aren't part of the equation per say.

This goes against everything that I know as a salesmen, even though I offer it up to all of my customers. You can maintain that accuracy after the 15 minute window by running a manual mark on your last pass. That is, if you stop to fill the planter, on the last pass before you do drop your mark. When you are done loading the planter drive back to your next pass and before you engage look at the offline distance. You know that the mark is relatively close to where you should be! This is where you have to "outsmart" the computer. Simply adjust the position of your line to where you currently sit on it and continue.

In my opinion its better to try to get it as good as possible before we invest more into it. Yes High accuracy doesn't move and you can plant all day long on the same line without screwing around, I leave it up to the customer! To upgrade, ask your dealer, anyone worth a salt should point you in the right direction, if not find a different one! Work with who you are comfortable with!

The wide/narrow guess row is a set up issue. Measure the guess rows, they should be even.....(So one would be 36 inches, the other should be 24 inches) its a difference of 6, so what I do is split the difference and push it away from the wide side. So if your wide guess row is on the right side of the planter the offset is to the left half of what you measure. It you don't have a relatively evenly matched wide/narrow number, check the setup all over something is wrong! Hope this helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)